2017-06-05

My first post

I  am looking forward to beginning a new period in my research life, free from institutional constraints and the drudgery of administrative work. I will start with a limited and well-defined project. The opportunity is the conference to be held in May 2018 in Thessaloniki on the occasion of the commemoration of 100 years since the end of the First World War.
I am also looking forward to working in the charming atmosphere of Chania and the amiable environment of the Venizelos Foundation.
I have prepared my initial research questions, I have begun compiling my zotero bibliography and, courtesy of my King's alumni account, I have read some very interesting articles on JSTOR. What is more, I have set up a database that will receive the data provided by the sources.
The research environment I am now working in is entirely different from the one I was used to a decade ago. Together with the research itself, I will explore new research methods and tools that have been introduced recently. I will report on my experience in coming posts.